Sunday 28 July 2013

Rodan&Fields Proactiv Solution Review

I bought this three step cleaning set a while ago because I saw various reviews that said it was really good for spot-prone skin and breakouts. I got it while it was on special offer at Boots for £30 (£40 full price), so it was still fairly expensive, and I'm not sure whether it was worth it...
The set consists of a Renewing Cleanser, a Revitalising Toner and a Repairing Treatment.
Strangely, I have used all of the cleanser and toner but still have some of the repairing treatment (smallest bottle) left, so I would suggest that the supplied quantities might need rethinking. Although, admittedly, the running out of toner is probably my fault: I did have a couple of accidental squirting across the room incidents with it...
 The cleanser made my face feel really fresh after every use which was really nice, especially first thing in the morning!
 The toner did have a positive effect. My skin tone evened out a quite bit after using it a few times which I was happy about because I do suffer from redness sometimes. I'd never really used toner before this either and it meant I bought a Garnier Simply Essentials toner to replace it which I actually really like.

I didn't really notice a specific benefit from the repairing treatment, it actually left my skin feeling quite dry. I realise that spots normally arise from excess oil, so drying out the skin should help to clear them up, but there is a balance to be had!
I have to admit that I didn't always have the time to carry out the whole routine properly twice a day, but when I did for a week or so, I did notice an improvement in my breakouts. So I guess if you are able to use the whole set religiously, then it would really help with spot-prone skin, it's just not the best pick for those who are tight for time in the mornings!
If you do have time though, here is the link to buy it...
http://www.boots.com/en/Proactiv-Solution-3-Step-System-To-Clearer-Healthier-Looking-Skin_1248826/

No comments:

Post a Comment