Wednesday 18 September 2013

Lily Vintage, Chester

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a really lovely vintage shop in Chester. As I walked in I remembered that I had been in before, but only for the quickest of browses, whereas this time I made sure I looked properly. For ages, I have been wanting a really chunky cardigan or two to wear with skinny jeans and now to keep me warm (it's suddenly got so cold!). I must have looked in dozens of shops as well as online but just couldn't find anything I liked enough to warrant spending the money on. HOWEVER! Lily Vintage came to my rescue with these...





I apologise for the quality of the pictures- I had to use my phone as a couldn't find my camera... It really doesn't show the clothes in the best light but I'll post links to the website and ASOS shop so you can all see some better pictures.
Both items are really warm and comfortable and I keep arranging outfits around them which I think is always a good sign. I wore the top one yesterday and I was so warm; can't praise it enough. What's more, all the clothes labels are really cute: this is something I probably get a little too excited about, but it is the sort of thing that really contributes to a shop, despite the fact that they normally get thrown away as soon as the customer gets home. A lot of them are dated too, which is important in vintage shopping.

Lily Vintage is a lovely shop- the clothes were all well chosen but packed in so you've got lots of choice, there's a little sale section at the moment and they sell some lovely jewellery too- a little old fashioned telephone on a necklace caught my eye as I was paying, so I might have to go back for a closer look. If you're in the area, I'd definitely recommend having a long browse.



Website- http://www.lilyvintage.com/
ASOS Boutique-  https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/lily-vintage?WT.ac=100|visit|lily-vintage
They can also be followed on Twitter and liked on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment